New to Rotorua Hospice, these awards were established to recognise outstanding volunteer service, exceptional work and dedication in making a real difference at Rotorua Hospice.
The Kowhai Spirit of Rotorua Awards were presented in December 2018 to the following volunteers:
- Desrae Murphy – Day Stay Coordinator and Fundraising Events Volunteer
- Barbara Hedgman – Shop Volunteer
- Wendy Sanderson – Shop Volunteer
- Pare Aratema – Shop and Counter Boxes Volunteer
- Jocelyn van Raalte – Shop and Steampunk Designer Volunteer
- Agnes and Ben Bergs – Shop Volunteers
- Norma Millard – Day Stay and Shop Volunteer
- Joann Hohaia – Shop Volunteer
- Val Colver – Shop Volunteer
Each volunteer received a gift wrapped Kowhai plant and certificate.